Home sales in North Liberty in 2014 were down 12% compared to 2013. This is quite surprising data for one of the fastest growing towns in Iowa. 525 homes sold in North Liberty in 2014 compared to 598 homes sold in 2013. In July I looked at the mid year trend for home sales in North Liberty and the market was hot with a lack of inventory of homes on the market. That changed slightly for the latter part of the year with more inventory and home sales in North Liberty up in September, October and November.
Unlike Coralville or Iowa City, inventory in North Liberty is looking pretty good at the moment, with just as many homes on the market now as there were in July and yet home sales were down again in December. If you’ve got a house to sell in North Liberty how the market is trending is very important to you. Considering the conflicting data in this market report, before you put your house or condo on the market this spring you should talk to an agent who’s on top of the market to see exactly what’s going on in your neighborhood.
Home sales in North Liberty IA – January 1 through December 31, 2014
- Number of homes sold in North Liberty down 12% in 2014 compared to 2013 – 525 homes sold January – December 2014 compared to 598 homes sold in 2013
- Single family home sales in North Liberty are even with 2013 – 245 single family homes sold in 2014 compared to 246 homes sold in 2013
- Condo Sales down 35% – 140 condos sold in 2014 compared to 216 condos sold in 2013
- Zero Lot sales up 4% – 133 zero lots sold in 2014 compared to 128 zero lots sold in 2013
- The average price of a home in North Liberty is up 4% for the year. If you prefer to look at the median price it’s up 7%.
This is a very broad look at the data. In the coming weeks I’ll be taking a more in depth look at how the North Liberty IA real estate market did in 2014.
Check back for updates to see how the North Liberty IA real estate market develops through 2015. Considering the choppiness of the real estate market in 2014 it will be worth your while to keep tabs on it, especially it you’re thinking of selling your home in North Liberty.
Do you have a house, condo or zero lot to sell in North Liberty? Give Denise a call at 319-400-0268 for personal, effective real estate services with a hi-tech advantage. A successful real estate transaction has nothing to do with chance or luck – Every SOLD Sign starts with a plan! Hire an agent who is completely committed to the success of your real estate transaction. Call today to get started on getting that SOLD Sign in your yard!
Data for this market report pulled from the Iowa City MLS January 17, 2015