Home sales in North Liberty in 2013 were up by 4% compared to 2012. 597 homes sold in North Liberty in 2013 compared to 573 homes sold in 2012. Considering North Liberty is one of the fastest growing towns in Iowa, 2013 was a bit of a strange year. Condo Sales were up by 29%, while single family home sales were down by 1%. Since I did help a lot of buyers in North Liberty last year I can say with conviction that I’m sure one of the reasons for the lower single family home sales has to do with the lack of inventory of homes on the market in 2013. (I’m talking about in the median price range and under $250,000). If you factor that fact in and take a look at the rest of the market you’ll see that North Liberty is doing just fine, we just need more sellers to come around to the idea that the market is improving and it’s a good time to list their homes for sale!
Home sales in North Liberty IA – January 1 through December 31, 2013
- Number of homes sold in North Liberty up 4% in 2013 compared to 2012 – 597 homes sold January – December 2013 compared to 573 homes sold in 2012
- Single family home sales in North Liberty are down 1% – 245 single family homes sold in 2013 compared to 248 homes sold in 2012
- Condo Sales are up 29% – 216 condos in 2013 compared to 167 condos sold in 2012
- Zero Lot sales are down 14% – 128 zero lots sold in 2013 compared to 150 zero lots sold in 2012 (A record breaking number of zero lots were sold in 2012).
- The average price of a home in North Liberty is up by almost 8% for the year. If you prefer to look at the median price it’s up by 5%.
Check back for updates to see how the North Liberty IA real estate market develops through 2014.
Are you looking for the right Realtor to help you navigate the complexities of the real estate market, all the while looking out for you and your money? Sound advice and guidance is just a phone call, text or email away. Call Denise now at 319-400-0268.
Data for this market report pulled from the Iowa City MLS January 8, 2014