Home sales in Iowa City in 2013 are up 12% compared to 2012. 987 homes sold in Iowa City in 2013 compared to 885 homes sold in 2012. Single family home sales are up 11% for the year. The very good news is that Condo Sales are up too by 15%. We have lots of condos in Iowa City and they took the biggest hit during the down turn so it’s really good to see a comeback in the popularity of condos. The chart below shows the growing strength in the Iowa City real estate market. 2014 looks like being a good year – What we need now is the weather to get a little warmer and more sellers to enter the marketplace. Right now buyers don’t have a whole lot of choices with a low inventory of homes on the market and just 251 homes currently showing as active on the Iowa City Area MLS.
Home Sales & Home Prices in Iowa City – January 1 through December 31, 2013
- Number of homes sold in Iowa City up 12% in 2013 compared to 2012 – 987 homes sold January – December 2013 compared to 885 in 2012
- Single family home sales are up by 11% – 664 single family homes in 2013 compared to 597 in 2012
- Condo Sales are up 16% – 270 condos in 2013 compared to 234 in 2012
- Zero Lot sales are up just slightly – 39 zero lots sold in 2013 compared to 37 in 2012
- The average price of a home in Iowa City is up by 6% for the year. If you prefer to look at the median price it’s up by 9%.
Check back for updates to see how the Iowa City real estate market continues to do through 2014.
Are you looking for the right Realtor to help you navigate the complexities of the real estate market, all the while looking out for you and your money? Sound advice and guidance is just a phone call, text or email away. Call Denise now at 319-400-0268.
Data for this market report pulled from the Iowa City MLS January 15, 2014
Leave a Reply