How did the Coralville real estate market do in 2012? Coralville is considered the greater Iowa City area and yet this report doesn’t look at all like the market snapshot for Iowa City last week. (Proving once again that real estate is very local). 332 homes sold in Coralville in 2012 compared to 275 homes sold in 2011. That’s a 20% increase in home sales in Coralville. This marks a pretty big development for Coralville considering where the real estate market was at this time last year when I looked at home sales in 2011 compared to 2010. (Home sales were down in Coralville by 7.7% in last year’s market report).
Home sales in Coralville IA – January 1 through December 31, 2012
- Number of homes sold in Coralville up 20% in 2012 compared to 2011 – 332 homes sold January – December 2012 compared to 275 in 2011
- Single family home sales are up by 31.5% – 171 single family homes in 2012 compared to 130 in 2011
- Condo Sales are up by 10% – 98 condos in 2012 compared to 88 in 2011
- Zero Lot sales are up by 8.7% – 62 zero lots sold in 2012 compared to 57 in 2011
- The average price of a home in Coralville is up by 5% for the year. If you prefer to look at the median price it’s up by 8%.
As you can see from this quick snapshot, the trend in the Coralville housing market is looking really good. Single family home sales are very strong. That’s a great sign if you have a house in Coralville to sell this spring. Condo sales are not so strong, there’s room for improvement there. Spring and early summer is the peak time of the year for condo sales in the Coralville and Iowa City area. If you have a condo to sell in Coralville you want to get it on the market quickly to profit from that.
Check back for updates to see how the Coralville IA real estate market continues to do through 2013.
Are you looking for the right Realtor to help you navigate the complexities of the real estate market, all the while looking out for you and your money? Sound advice and guidance is just a phone call, text or email away. Call Denise now at 319-400-0268.
Data for this market report pulled from the Iowa City MLS January 12, 2013 and updated January 20, 2013