286 homes sold in North Liberty January through June 2013 compared to 287 homes sold in 2012. That makes the number of homes sold in North Liberty even for the year. If you’re surprised by that, it’s worth mentioning that home sales in North Liberty are driven by new construction and last year the market was already looking good with home sales in 2012 very strong compared to 2011.
It’s condo sales that are the front runners this year with condo sales in North Liberty up by almost 30% compared to last year. Single family home sales are pretty even with last year and zero lot sales down for the year. 120 homes are currently listed as active on the Iowa City MLS – That’s 2.5 months worth of inventory, or 76 days on market. The absorption rate in North Liberty is the lowest of the areas I cover with my market reports. The absorption rate / days on market is an excellent indicator for just how well the North Liberty real estate market is doing. The turnover of homes on the market in North Liberty shows just how quickly the market “absorbs” homes and 2.5 months or 76 days is excellent news for sellers!
North Liberty IA Real Estate: Home Sales in North Liberty January – June 2013
- 119 Single Family Homes sold in North Liberty January – June 2013 compared to 123 homes in the same time frame last year
- 101 Condos sold in North Liberty in 2013 compared to 78 condos in 2012
- 61 Zero Lot Homes sold in North Liberty in 2013 compared to 83 in 2012
- Average price for single family homes – $277,393 in 2013 compared to $248,119 in 2012
- Average price for condos – $128,242 in 2013 compared to $126,963 in 2012
- Average price for zero lot homes – $182,989 compared to $175,763 in 2012
- The absorption rate is at 2.5 months, that’s 76 days on market. (The link takes you to a post that shows how the absorption rate is calculated).
- There are currently 120 homes in North Liberty showing as Active Listings on the MLS
- 110 homes are currently showing as Contingent or Sale Pending on the MLS.
Are you looking for the right Realtor to help you navigate the complexities of the real estate market, all the while looking out for you and your money? Sound advice and guidance is just a phone call, text or email away. Call Denise now at 319-400-0268.
Data provided through the Iowa City MLS, July 15, 2013