189 homes sold in Coralville January through June 2013 compared to 167 homes sold in 2012. That’s a 13% increase in home sales in Coralville compared to the first six months in 2012.
It’s single family homes that are leading the return of good times in the Coralville real estate market with single family home sales up by an impressive 28%. Condo and zero lot sales on the other hand are both down a little compared to 2012. 126 homes are currently listed as active on the Iowa City MLS – That’s 4.2 months worth of inventory, or 127 days on market. The real estate market in Coralville is taking a little longer to correct itself than Iowa City. Nonetheless, the market is “absorbing” homes much quicker than it was last year and 4.2 months of inventory is much better than last year’s 6.8 months. Home Prices are also on the rise, a sure sign that the real estate market in Coralville is on the right track.
Coralville IA Real Estate: Home Sales in Coralville January – June 2013
- 109 Single Family Homes sold in Coralville January – June 2013 compared to 85 homes in the same time frame last year
- 43 Condos sold in Coralville in 2013 compared to 46 condos in 2012
- 30 Zero Lot Homes sold in Coralville in 2013 compared to 34 in 2012
- Average price for single family homes – $293,488 in 2013 compared to $283,936 in 2012
- Average price for condos – $156,946 in 2013 compared to $138,937 in 2012
- Average price for zero lot homes – $154,203 compared to $145,585 in 2012
- The absorption rate is at 4.2 months, that’s 127 days on market. (The link takes you to a post that shows how the absorption rate is calculated).
- There are currently 126 homes in Coralville are showing as Active Listings on the MLS
- 54 homes are currently showing as Contingent or Sale Pending on the MLS
Are you looking for the right Realtor to help you navigate the complexities of the real estate market, all the while looking out for you and your money? Sound advice and guidance is just a phone call, text or email away. Call Denise now at 319-400-0268.
Data provided through the Iowa City MLS, July 9, 2013