Today I pulled data from the Iowa City MLS to see how home sales in Coralville are shaping up for the year. On Monday I shared data on how the Iowa City real estate market is doing. With 9 months to look back on there’s plenty of information to show us how the real estate market in the Iowa City area is doing in 2012.
Home sales in Coralville – January 1 through September 30, 2012
- Number of homes sold in Coralville so far this year is up 20% compared to 2011
- Single family home sales are up by almost 40% – 142 single family homes in 2012 compared to 102 in 2011
- Condo Sales are up by just 1%. – 73 condos in 2012 compared to 72 in 2011
- Zero Lot sales are up by almost 8% – 54 zero lots sold in 2012 compared to 50 in 2011
- The average price of a home in Coralville is up by 7% for the year. If you prefer to look at the median price it’s up by 17%.
This is a very broad look at the data. In the coming weeks I’ll be taking a much more in depth look at how the Coralville real estate market is shaping up as 2012 winds down. The data in my post on Monday for Iowa City was a lot more balanced than this data for Coralville. Clearly single family homes are what buyers want in Coralville. Condo sales are flat, that’s not good news for condo owners. It’s interesting that the median price is up by 17% too. That’s an indicator that it’s higher priced homes that are attracting buyers.
Do you have a house to sell in the Coralville? I’m a straight talking Realtor who knows the ins and outs of the Coralville real estate market and knows how to get your home sold. Give me a call today and let’s talk. I promise you it will be worth your while!
Data pulled from the Iowa City MLS October 3, 2012
Leave a Reply