Just in case there’s any doubt about the turnaround in the Iowa City area real estate market, I’m here to put that to rest today. I figured I’d take a look at Tiffin and make that our measuring stick for progress in the Iowa City area. After all, if a little rural town like Tiffin shows signs of improvement in the housing market we’re in business, right? The good news is that Home Sales are indeed up in Tiffin for the year.
Home sales in Tiffin IA – January 1 through September 30, 2012
- Number of homes sold in Tiffin so far this year is up 57% compared to 2011. 41 homes sold in Tiffin January through September 2012 compared to 26 in the same time frame in 2011.
- Single family home sales are even – 19 single family homes sold in 2012 compared to 19 in 2011
- Condo Sales are up by almost 166%. – 16 condos sold in 2012 compared to 6 in 2011
- Zero Lot sales are also up – 5 zero lots sold in 2012 compared to 1 in 2011
- For the average price I’ll go with condos on this update, considering that’s where the biggest gains were made in Tiffin. The average price of a condo in Tiffin is up by 30% for the year. The median price it’s also up by 30%.
This is a very broad look at the data. In the coming weeks I’ll be taking a much more in depth look at how the Tiffin real estate market is shaping up as 2012 winds down. Earlier this week when I looked at home sales in Coralville it was single family homes that were the big sellers. In North Liberty it was zero lots. And now in Tiffin its condos that are the big sellers. That’s how local real estate is. Three towns that are interlinked with one another and all the data is different.
Before you put your house on the market in Tiffin you really need to take a close look at market conditions at what is selling and what is not. This is where a current market analysis comes in handy…
Call or email me if you’d like some help getting your home sold in Tiffin.
If you’re interested in seeing more market reports for the Iowa City area, just hop on over to my other website and you’ll find detailed monthly market reports and market updates going back at least a couple of years.
Data pulled from the Iowa City MLS October 5, 2012