Today I thought I’d share some preliminary data on how the Iowa City real estate market is doing. As we head into the 4th quarter there’s plenty of year to look back on! I’ll have my work cut out for me this week when I take a closer look at home sales in the three areas I keep a close eye on – Iowa City, Coralville and North Liberty IA.
Home sales in Iowa City – January 1 through September 30, 2012
- Number of homes sold so far this year is up 16% compared to 2011
- Single family home sales are up by almost 20% – 492 single family homes in 2012 compared to 411 in 2011
- Condo Sales are up by 6.25%. – 204 condos in 2012 compared to 192 in 2011
- Zero Lot sales are up by almost 15% – 31 zero lots sold in 2012 compared to 27 in 2011
- The average price of a home in Iowa City is up by 5% for the year. If you prefer to look at the median price it’s up by 4%.
This is a very broad look at the data. In the coming weeks I’ll be taking a much more in depth look at how the Iowa City real estate market is shaping up as 2012 winds down. Looking at the bigger picture, the trend is positive. Buyers are clearly feeling more positive about the Iowa City real estate market and where it’s headed. That’s a trend that we want to see continue through the Fall and Winter months in the Iowa City area!
Do you have a house to sell in the Iowa City area? I’m a straight talking Realtor who knows the ins and outs of the Iowa City real estate market and knows how to get your home sold. Give me a call today and let’s talk. I promise you it will be worth your while!
Data pulled from the Iowa City MLS October 1, 2012