Home Sales in North Liberty are looking better in February after the drop in January – A good sign that the North Liberty IA real estate market is in good shape and can shake off minor fluctuations as we head towards spring. 18 homes sold in North Liberty in February 2013 compared to 20 in February 2012.
Home sales in North Liberty IA – February 2013
- 18 homes sold in North Liberty February 2013 compared to 20 in February 2012
- Average price for a single family home in North Liberty – $246,371 in February 2013 compared to $221,329 in February 2012
- Average price for a condo in North Liberty – $95,325 this year compared to $156,100 in February 2012
- The absorption rate is at 3.9 months, that’s 118 days on market. (The link takes you to a post that shows how the absorption rate is calculated).
- There are currently 180 homes showing as Active Listings on the MLS
- 91 homes are currently showing as Contingent or Sale Pending on the MLS
- 8 homes expired in North Liberty in February
The numbers support my comment in the first paragraph that the real estate market in North Liberty is in good shape. Home sales are on the rise. There are more than double the number of homes under contract than last month – A sure sign of a lot of buyers out and about writing contracts.
The best part for me as a Realtor at the moment is that I can tell both buyers and sellers that it’s a good time to buy or sell a home in North Liberty. Sellers in North Liberty are in a much better position than they’ve been in the past few years with the economy improving and with it the housing market. Buyers profit from the historically low interest rates. This makes it a win – win for everyone!
Looking to buy a home in North Liberty? At Cardinal Realty we represent both buyers and sellers, (just preferably not in the same transaction). Call Denise at 319-400-0268 for personal buyer representation.
Do you have a house to sell in North Liberty? I’m a straight talking Realtor who knows the ins and outs of the North Liberty IA real estate market and is happy to provide an honest assessment of your home’s value and discuss with you the best plan of action to get your home sold.
Data pulled from the Iowa City MLS March 15, 2013