Home Sales in North Liberty were up 10% in 2015 compared to 2014. That’s a much more impressive number than either Iowa City, or Coralville, where home sales were up 1% and 2% respectively. 581 homes sold in North Liberty in 2015 compared to 527 in 2014. Interestingly, although North Liberty did so much better than Iowa City or Coralville for year over year sales, they did it all in the first half of the year. The second half of the year home sales weren’t as strong.
2015 started out very strong, with home sales up 25% in the mid year market report for North Liberty. North Liberty, just like Coralville and Iowa City got quieter in the second half of the year. A lack of inventory of homes on the market after the strong start to the year is the most likely reason for the lower numbers later in the year. The spring market is always strong in North Liberty and the greater Iowa City area. In fact, the real estate market is already heating up around here. Spring in real estate is not when the daffodils start coming up, it’s a lot earlier than that!
These market reports are a regular feature on the site, so check back often to follow trends in the North Liberty real estate market in 2016!
Home Sales in North Liberty
January 1 through December 31, 2015
Highlights of the 2015 Review of Home Sales and Home Prices in North Liberty
- Number of homes sold in North Liberty up 10% in 2015 compared to 2014 ~ 581 homes sold January – December 2015 compared to 527 in 2014
- Home Sales in North Liberty UP 25% January – June 2015 ~ 285 homes sold January – June 2015 compared to 227 homes sold in the same time frame in 2014
- Home Sales in North Liberty down July – December ~ 296 Homes sold July – December 2015 compared to 296 in the same time frame in 2015
- Average Price for homes in North Liberty UP ~ $225,900 Average price in 2015 compared to $217,516 in 2014
- Median Price for homes in North Liberty down ~ $197,500 median price in 2015 compared to $204,000 in 2014
North Liberty remains one of the fastest growing towns in Iowa, it’s worth checking back to follow trends in the North Liberty real estate market in 2016.
Got a house, condo or zero lot to sell in North Liberty? Give Denise a call at 319-400-0268 for personal, effective real estate services with a hi-tech advantage. A successful real estate transaction has nothing to do with chance or luck – Every SOLD Sign starts with a plan! Call Denise today for solid advice and guidance on how to get your home from listing to sold with the minimum amount of fuss.
Looking to buy a home in North Liberty? Hiring a (good) Buyer’s Agent will be your first step to ensuring yours is a smooth and easy real estate transaction. Call Denise today for a smooth and easy buying experience with an agent who will always have your back – When you’re doing something as important as buying a house you really can’t put a price on peace of mind!
Data for this market report pulled from the Iowa City MLS January 26, 2016