The Coralville real estate market is doing just great as we make it through what are typically the slow months of the year. 14 Homes Sold in Coralville in January 2013 compared to 7 January 2012. That’s what we call an active market!
Home Sales in Coralville IA January 1 through January 31, 2013
- 14 homes sold in Coralville in January 2013 compared to 7 in January 2012.
- Average price for single family homes in Coralville – $190,714 in January 2013 compared to $175,833 in January 2012
- Average price for condos in Coralville – $163,845 compared to $189,500 in January 2012
- According to the Iowa City Area MLS the average days on market for a single family home is 40 days. And for a condo it’s 143 days on market. (The absorption rate is skewed low on the MLS and the 40 days seems optimistic. That said, the trend is correct – it does typically take longer to sell a condo than a house in Coralville).
- There are currently 126 homes showing as Active Listings on the MLS
- 21 homes are currently showing as Contingent or Sale Pending on the MLS
- 22 homes expired in January
This is a great kick off for the year for Coralville. The biggest “problem” at the moment is the lack of inventory. It’s been a long time since there were so few homes on the market in Coralville! If you’ve got a house to sell in Coralville there’s no better time to list your home than when there aren’t many homes on the market. Less homes on the market means less competition for you. There’s plenty of buyer activity in Coralville right now and that’s another good reason not to wait until spring before listing your home!
Ready to talk about selling your home in Coralville? Contact me for a Free Market Analysis 0r Call 319-400-0268 today!
Data pulled from the Iowa City MLS February 4, 2013